Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Little Bit About Us



Okay so I know that everyone reading this blog already knows us but, there is always stuff that you can learn so, I thought I would give you a quick (or not so quick) little run-down about who we are and what we do! I'll start with the head and work to the feet :)

Dan is the head of our house. He celebrated his 33rd birthday in September and I gotta say, so far, he is handling his 30's quite gracefully. For those of you that have known Dan for a long time, you know that he is always bouncing with energy and full of Spirit. Dan is probably the loudest person that I have ever met (and I know some pretty loud people!). Dan is also the hardest working person I have ever met! I couldn't have asked for a better person to take care of me and our three children. He is always faithful to provide for us, no matter what that may mean. Currently Dan is working as a Heavy Duty Mechanic and loves it!

I am the jack of all trades in our house. I have several jobs which include raising our children, housekeeper, cook, maid, and then I also work 2 jobs outside of the house as well. I work for my Step-dads company which is called First American Scientific Corp - I am the executive Assistant (basically a glorified secretary) and then I also have my own business which is called Silpada Designs - With this company I sell Sterling silver jewellery through catalogue shopping and home parties. Although I am too busy to breathe most days, I love everything that I do and for the most part, I wouldn't change much about my life! I recently celebrated my 26Th birthday and am looking forward to remaining in my 20's for another 4 years! (sorry, I just had to throw that in there! ha ha)

Evan is our oldest son, he is 4 years old. Although his birth certificate reads Evan, he is usually referred to as Evian (like the water), Hotdogs, sunshine man, and poopntooter. He hates ALL of his nicknames. Evan is a very tender hearted little boy, he often has his feelings hurt and it's hard to win him back after you upset him. He is very stubborn and hard headed. He is pretty much exactly like his mommy. He hates to be cuddled and doesn't show affection too often... but when he does, you know he really means it! He still sleeps in my bed and although I know this is not good, I can't force myself to kick him out. I enjoy sleeping with him because I know one day he won't want to anymore and that will probably break my heart. There is something very special about your first born ( not to say that my other kids are not special too!).

Logan is our middle baby, he is almost 3 years old. Like Evan, His birth certificate reads Logan but he is mostly referred to as Logi, Logo, logo muffin, loga fuffin, logo pogo chicken pot pie, and his favorite, Dogie. Logan is the worlds most compassionate and loving kid. He is such a sweet little boy. Every day, several times a day, he comes up to me and says "mommy, I sure love you" and then kisses me. He melts my heart at least once an hour. Although MOST of Logan is tender, he also has a very, shall we say, annoying side :) Logan has the LOUDEST cry you have ever heard.. and he uses it Often! He is still in the "terrible two" stage and he takes advantage of that quite frequently. It's not very often that you will hear Logan speak in a normal voice, he chooses to whine instead. Constantly. He also has a pretty good temper on him. When you don't answer him immediately he lets you know, vocally, that he is not impressed. I never knew that a 2 yr old could possess such 'personality'. We call Logan our little bull in a china shop. He is 39 inches tall and weighs 43 pounds. Very solid kid.. I think he'll be a football player or a wrestler, or something.. he's gonna be huge. He destroys and breaks things just by walking. Dan and Logan don't get along very well.. they butt heads alot and Dan is always frustrated with him. The older Logan gets, the more we are realizing that the reason he and Daddy don't get along is because they are exactly alike. Dan too is a bull in a china shop and possesses alot of 'personality'. It's kind of fun to watch now that we are understanding where He (Logan) gets it from!

Evan and Logan are what we call "the destructors" - the two of them can turn your house inside out within a matter of minutes, sometimes seconds. Being only 15 months apart, they are inseparable and do pretty much everything together. This is great except when they are putting their heads together to do something bad... it amazes me some of the stuff they think to do.. but that's for another time. Don't worry.. you'll be hearing LOTS of destruction stories, I can pretty much guarantee that one!

Now for Aidan. My sweet sweet baby. Aidan is our youngest and he just turned 1 year old last month and it broke my heart. Just like his big brothers, his birth certificate reads Aidan but he is always referred to as din din, nu nu's, doot doo's, deet dee's, buncha bunch, or mop mop meep meep. I am not really sure how any of these nicknames came about but, they did, and they stuck. It's actually hard to get Evan and Logan to call Aidan by his real name. If you ask Evan what his baby's name is he says "Aidan Samuel nu nu's buncha bunch" almost every time. It's weird. the craziest part though is that Dan and I hear the other boys call Aidan by these nicknames so frequently that we now usually only refer to Aidan as Din Din. I know he'll be mad when he's older but, what do ya do? Anyways... Aidan is my pumpkin. He is the happiest baby on the planet. Always has been. He never cries, ever (well unless he is in pain or something but even then..) He smiles and laughs and then smiles some more. He is lovely. Although Evan and Logan both walked and talked a bit by their first birthdays, Aidan is much different. He has no desire to do anything for himself. He likes to be held, pushed in his stroller, carried in his baby bjorn, and anything else that involves someone doing something for him. I am quite happy about this as, we don`t plan on having any more babies and I am pretty thankful that Aidan's `babyness` is being preserved a little. It will be very interesting to see what kind of personality he develops over the next year. I am sure he is going to be just as active and psycho as his brothers but for now... he`s just my sweet little baby.

As a whole, I think we make a pretty great little family. We are happy, healthy, and we love each other! Dan and I are doing our best to teach our children everything they need to know in order to survive on their own and I think we are doing an OK job so far! It is super hard sometimes to get through the days but at the end of every single one of them, We are so thankful to be blessed with our life. God gave Dan and I each other and now he has given us 3 amazing kids and we couldn't ask for anything else.

Well, I think that about sums it up for now. If you managed to get through this novel, I hope you were able to learn something about us that you didn`t already know and I hope you`ll keep us and our blog on your list of regularly visited web pages ... there will be lot`s more to come :)

Ciao for now,

Tanisha

P.S - I am aware that the photo attached to this post is really outdated! This was the last family photo we had taken and it was a total disaster. None of the kids would cooperate and we ended up not being able to get a family photo with ALL of us... we`ll try again this summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment